Hope and Homes for Children
Hope and Homes for Children are global leaders in child protection reform, leading the way in global eradication of institutional care for children.
Hope and Homes for Children’s ‘Notanumb3r’ appeal was launched to highlight the plight of orphans in Rwanda. Match funding for the appeal was secured from the Department for International Development (DFID). This meant that every donation received from a private individual within a 3 month window would be matched, pound for pound by the UK Government.
Our core idea for the campaign was that no child should be just a number. The tone of voice I created was developed around this theme to convey both the urgency of the situation and of the appeal itself. I then applied this to every written element:
- Scripting of 10 timed celebrity appeal endorsements;
- Microsite to highlight the appeal and solicit donations;
- Case studies of individuals directly affected by the appeal;
- All social media across Twitter, Facebook and Google+;
- Pop up experiential events co-branded with partners;
- Leaflets, brochures, infographics, and full page advertisements.
The appeal’s target of £1 million in donations was exceeded by over 100%, and through match aid funding supplied by DFID, an incredible £4.1 million was raised in just three months.
Work‘Hope & Homes’ website